These Ricotta Dumplings are so luxurious, but don’t be deterred by the “dumpling” word. They’re not hard to make. Serve them over a red sauce or serve them over an arugula salad topped with lemon & oil dressing and Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 1 Bunch Spinach (Trimmed)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese (Divided)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour
- Bring large-size pot of water to a medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook 3 minutes until just wilted. Remove from water and rinse under cold water. Squeeze water out of spinach and then chop them.
- In large-size bowl beat eggs. Add ricotta, spinach, kosher salt, pepper and 1 1/4 Cups Parmesan. Add flour and combine well. Add more flour as needed to form a sticky dough. Form dough into balls.
- Bring large-size pot of water to a simmer. In batches gently lower dumplings into simmering water and cook about 5 minutes until they rise to the surface and are firm. Remove dumplings with slotted spoon. Let water drain off.
- Transfer to platter of arugula salad topped with lemon & oil dressing. Finish off with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved