Start off with Roasted Butternut Squash Soup this soup season. This traditional squash soup is a serious crowd pleaser.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 1 Pound Butternut Squash (Rough Chopped)
- 4 Carrots (Peeled & Chopped Into 1 Inch Pieces)
- 1 Medium Onion (Quartered)
- 1 Apple (Quartered)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Cups Chicken Or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line rimmed large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place butternut, carrots, onions, apples, garlic in large-size ziplock plastic bag. Add olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Close bag and give a good shake. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Place in oven 15 minutes. With spatula turn mixture so that both sides cook evenly. Roast another 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place chicken or vegetable broth in large-size soup pot. Turn heat to high and bring to boil. Add roasted butternut mixture and grated ginger. Purée with immersion blender or transfer to blender. Purée until nice and smooth. Turn heat down to medium-low. Add coconut milk. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls and serve warm with croutons.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved