Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Serve this dish either cold or at room temperature. Make sure not to overcook the asparagus. You’ll want the asparagus to be fork tender and firm.
- 2 Pounds Asparagus (Trimmed)
- 1 Large Shallot (Sliced)
- 4 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Trim asparagus and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place asparagus and shallot slices in pot of salted boiling water so that asparagus is covered.
- Cook until tender.
- Remove immediately and place in cold water to stop cooking process.
- Remove from water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small-size bowl combine soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds.
- Place asparagus and shallots in serving bowl. Pour soy sauce mixture over asparagus and shallots.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge when ready to serve.
- Serves 6
- © Victoria Hart Glavin