This popular Asian dish features dough that’s fried until golden brown with every slice full of flaky, crispy goodness.
Spicy Scallion Pancakes With Ginger Dipping Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Plus 1 Tablespoon Unbleached Flour (Divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil Plus More For Frying
- 5 Green Onions (Sliced & Divided)
- 3 Thai Chiles (Sliced & Divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 Green Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- To make dipping sauce, in medium-size bowl combine all ingredients and set aside.
- Bring 1 cup water to boil.
- Add 2 cups flour to large-size bowl. Pour hot water over flour. Stir to combine. Let cool. Knead for 5 minutes and form to smooth ball. Cover loosely with kitchen towel and set aside 30 minutes.
- In small-size bowl combine sesame oil, vegetable oil and remaining flour. Set aside.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll out 1 piece into 8 inch circle. Brush dough with oil-flour mixture. Sprinkle with a quarter of green onion and Thai chilies. Season with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Roll dough into a log and then into a tight coil. Roll it out into an 8 inch circle again. Repeat process with remaining dough pieces.
- In nonstick pan warm few tablespoons oil. Fry pancakes 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Add more oil as needed in between each pancake.
- Slice into quarters and serve hot with dipping sauce.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 50 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Asian