A Fried Rice Salad That You’re Going To Love! Keep flavor powerhouses like ground ginger and nutty sesame oil on hand to whip up quick weeknight meals. Store sesame oil in the refrigerator to keep it fresher longer. Let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before using.
Fried Rice Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Ginger
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Cups Cooked Brown Rice (Chilled)
- 2 Cups Sliced Kale
- 2 Cups Chopped Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 Cup Chopped Cucumbers
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Green Onions
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro Or Basil
- Make the dressing by adding rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and ginger to a small-size jar. Put tight lid on and shake well. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes. In a large non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over a medium-high heat. Add chicken. Season with ground ginger, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook chicken 6 to 8 minutes until golden and cooked through, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to plate.
- In large-size bowl combine rice, kale, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, green onions, cilantro or basil, and chicken. Give dressing a good shake and pour over salad.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved