It’s cold out and I can’t think of a better way to warm up. Udon Noodle Soup is great for lunch or dinner.
Udon Noodle Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 9 Ounces (3 1/2 Cups) Udon Noodles
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Carrot (Thinly Sliced)
- 3 Green Onions (Thinly Sliced)
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Grated Ginger Root
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Thinly Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Julienned Bok Choy
- In large-size saucepan add 3 quarts water. Bring to boil. Add noodles. Stir to separate. Cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Stir frequently. Remove from heat. Rinse and drain. Transfer to 4 serving bowls.
- Heat oil in large-size pot over a medium-high heat. Add carrots and green onions. Cook 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, ginger, and pepper. Bring to boil. Stir in mushrooms and bok choy. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup over noodles.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved