This bright green soup showcases the flavor of peas, mint, and garlic homemade croutons.
Spring Pea Soup With Garlic Croutons
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Garlic Croutons
- 2 Cups Cubed Ciabatta Bread (Crust Removed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Sliced)
- 2 1/2 Cups Fresh Or Frozen Spring Sweet Peas
- 8 Sprigs Fresh Mint (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Sweet Onion (Diced)
- 2 Slices Thick Bacon (Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 To 6 Cups Chicken Or Vegetable Stock
- In medium-size bowl add cubed bread, kosher salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and gently toss. In heavy sauté pan melt butter over a medium-low heat. Add garlic. When pan is good and hot add bread cubes. Slowly cook, turning as each side browns. Give the pan a good shake every now and then. When golden brown remove from heat and set aside.
- In large-size pot turn heat to medium and add bacon. Cook 5 minutes until crisp. Remove bacon and drain most of the fat. Leave about 1 tablespoon in the pot. Add olive oil, garlic, and onions. Cook 5 minutes until onions are soft. Add peas and sauté 1 minute. Add chicken or vegetable stock until just covering peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until peas are cooked through and bright green. Add mint and bacon pieces.
- Using a blender or immersion blender purée soup.
- Ladle into bowls and top with garlic croutons.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved