Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
These noodle bowls are so versatile. You can make them with beef, chicken or pork. This recipe uses marinated pork.
- 4 Romaine Lettuce Leaves (Washed & Sliced)
- 2 Ounces Rice Vermicelli Noodles
- 1 Carrot (Peeled & Sliced Into Matchsticks)
- 1/2 Cucumber (Sliced Into Matchsticks)
- 1/2 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Mint
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Basil
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- 4 Spring Rolls (Homemade Or Frozen)
- Hoisin Sauce (For Garnish)
- Chopped Salted Peanuts (For Garnish)
- Marinated Pork
- 2 Large Pork Chops (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass (White Stem Only – Thinly Sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger (Minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro (Minced)
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- In large-size bowl combine all ingredients for marinated pork. Add pork. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Heat spring rolls until crispy. Cool and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Soak vermicelli in hot water for 5 minutes until noodles are soft. Drain, then run cold water over them. Leave in colander and toss with a bit of vegetable oil so they don’t stick.
- Place half of sliced lettuce in bottom of large serving bowl. Add half of the noodles on top. Working your way around the outside of the bowl, place half of each of the bean sprouts, carrots, cilantro, cucumber, basil, spring rolls, and mint.
- Just before serving, stir-fry pork slices in a wok or skillet over a medium-high heat 2 to 5 minutes until cooked through. Remove from heat and place pork in bowl.
- Top with generous drizzle of hoisin sauce and handful of chopped peanuts.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved