Yields or Serves:
Tags: Asian Cooking, Bread, Breadcrumbs, Brown Sugar, Coconut, Coconut Flour, Coconut Oil, Coconut Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp With Thai Dipping Sauce, Dipping Sauce, Eggs, Fish Sauce, Flour, Ginger, Jalapenos, Limes, Panko Breadcrumbs, Peppers, Seafood, Shrimp, Spring, Sugar, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Shake up some daiquiris to go with these delicious crunchy shrimp.
- Thai Dipping Sauce
- 1 Medium Red Jalapeño Pepper (Stem, Halve Lengthwise & Remove Seeds)
- 1 Large Lime
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Fresh Ginger (Peeled & Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 1 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Pound Large Tail-On Fresh Or Frozen Shrimp (Thawed)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- Thinly slice halved jalapeño pepper. Juice half lime and cut other half into wedges. In small-size bowl combine finely chopped ginger, half sliced jalapeño, lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Add more jalapeño if you want to. Set sauce aside.
- On large-size plate spread coconut flour. In shallow bowl or pie plate add eggs and beat lightly. Combine shredded coconut and panko breadcrumbs on another large-size plate.
- If using fresh shrimp make sure to devein. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Dredge each shrimp in coconut flour, then dip in egg mixture, and finally coat with coconut/panko mixture.
- Heat coconut oil in medium-size heavy frying pan over a medium-high heat. Make sure oil is nice and hot before adding shrimp. Fry shrimp, in batches, 3 minutes until golden and crisp. Turn halfway through cooking. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon and transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Transfer shrimp to serving platter with dipping sauce and lime wedges.
- Serves 6
- Note: If using frozen shrimp quick thaw by submerging unopened bag of shrimp in sink filled with cold water for 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved