Apple pie is delicious, but when you add pears and ginger, and you’re definitely kicking it up a notch.
Apple Pear Ginger Pie
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Pie
- (5 /5)
- 28 ratings
- 1 Lemon (Zest & Juice)
- 3 Golden Delicious Apples (Cored & Peeled)
- 2 Pears (Cored & Peeled)
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 Double Pie Crust
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Zest and juice lemon. Slice apples and pears. In large-size bowl toss apples and pear slices with lemon juice, lemon zest, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ground ginger, and fresh ginger. Mix well.
- Place bottom pie crust into 9 inch pie pan. Pour apple and pear mixture on pie crust.
- With sharp knife, cut remaining pie crust into 8 one inch wide pieces. Trim off ends. Place pieces on top of filling. Leave a 1 inch space between each piece. Overlap each piece to form a lattice. Secure edges by pressing down onto crust with fork. Trim off any excess dough.
- Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Place in oven 50 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling bubbles.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Makes 1 Pie
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved