- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Tomato Tart
- (5 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Garlic Clove (Finely Grated)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil (Divided)
- 3 Large Basil Leaves (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Sheet (14 Ounces) Thawed Puff Pastry
- 3 Medium Tomatoes (Sliced 1/4 Inch Thick)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Unbleached Flour For Dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line large-size rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly flour parchment paper. Roll out puff pastry to fit prepared baking sheet. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. With fork prick pastry in several places.
- In small-size bowl combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and grated garlic. Brush puff pastry with garlic oil.
- In medium-size bowl thoroughly combine ricotta and Parmesan cheese. Evenly spread over puff pastry. Scatter chopped basil over cheese.
- With paper towels pat tomatoes dry. Arrange tomatoes over tart. It’s ok if tomatoes overlap. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake 30 to 35 minutes until edges of pastry are gold brown
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve warm or room temperature.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved