Serve butter basted scallops with braised fennel or over a bed of greens. The browned butter acts as a sauce for both the sweet scallops and whatever you’re serving them with.
Butter Basted Scallops
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 12 Large Sea Scallops (Side Muscles Removed)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Cubed)
- 2 Whole Garlic Cloves
- In large-size skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over a medium-high heat. Season scallops with kosher salt and pepper. Add scallops to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until browned on the bottom. Turn scallops and add butter and whole garlic cloves. Cook, basting scallops with butter another 2 to 3 minutes until browned on the other side and just opaque throughout.
- Remove from skillet and transfer to warm plate. Pour butter on top and keep warm.
- Serve with braised fennel or over a bed of greens.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 6 Minutes Total Time: 16 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 16 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Seafood