I think a person prefers either chewy cookies or crispy cookies. I happen to LOVE chewy cookies and these cookies hit the festive spot without a lot of work.
Chewy Cranberry Cookies
- 5 Dozen Cookies
- (5 /5)
- 27 ratings
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Cups Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and sour cream. Mix until creamy.
- In medium-size bowl combine unbleached flour, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet mixture. Mix until well combined. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet 4 minutes before transferring to cooling racks. Let cool completely.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved