Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Few people think to prepare Cornish hens except for special occasions. I like to make them because they are easy to cook. Not only are they tender and delicious, but they can be ready to serve in just an hour.
- 2 Whole Cornish Game Hens (1 1/2 Pounds Each)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Herbes De Provence
- 1 Small Onion (Quartered)
- 1 Celery Stalk (Sliced)
- 1 Carrot (Sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Rinse hens with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Split hens in half by cutting down backbone and then through breastbone. Carefully lift skin and season meat with kosher salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Place in prepared baking dish, cut side down. Place a section of onion, some celery and carrots under each half.
- Place in oven 45 minutes. Baste every 15 minutes with pan juices until juices run clear and internal temp in thickest part of the thigh reaches 165 degrees.
- Skim fat off juices in baking dish and thicken pan juices with a teaspoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 teaspoon cold water.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve with pan juices.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved