Curry Coconut Squash Soup is a great place to use roasted squash, but you can certainly substitute canned squash or pumpkin if you’re in a hurry and need a flavorful soup fast.
Curry Coconut Squash Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Onions (Diced)
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 3 Cups Roasted Butternut
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth Or Low-Salt Chicken Broth
- 1/2 To 1 Cup Coconut Milk (Whisked Until Smooth)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/3 Cup Toasted Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (For Garnish)
- In medium-size Dutch oven heat butter and olive oil over a medium heat. When butter has melted add onions and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Cover and cook 6 minutes until onions are softened. Stir occasionally.
- Remove lid and cook 4 minutes until browned. Add garlic and ginger. Cook 1 minute. Add curry powder, garam masala, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Combine well. Add tomato paste. Add squash and break it up a bit with a spoon. Add vegetable or chicken broth. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover loosely and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let soup cool 15 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut milk and lime juice. Using an immersion blender purée soup until smooth. Add more coconut milk if needed. Heat soup until warmed through.
- Garnish with coconut and serve hot.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved