A hearty meat sauce doesn’t have to simmer all day. This easy ragu gets fast flavor from garlic and onions and an extra boost from grated zucchini.
Fusilli With Ragu
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 Pound Fusilli
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 Pounds Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 28 Ounces Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- In large-size pot filled with water bring to a boil. Add fusilli and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, coarsely grate zucchini.
- In large-size pot, heat olive oil on medium-high. Add onions, garlic, zucchini, and ground beef. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes until beef is mostly browned and zucchini is tender. Break up beef with back of wooden spoon.
- Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Cover and heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Toss fusilli with sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved