Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 10
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 4/5]
Hands down, stuffing is my absolute Thanksgiving favorite! Thanksgiving is not far off and it’s not too early to start planning your menu.
- 12 Ounces Loose Mild Italian Sausage
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 8 Ounces Wild Mushrooms (Stemmed And Diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 3 Celery Stalks (Diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 Pound Dried & Cubed Focaccia Bread
- 3 1/2 To 4 Cups Chicken Stock (Warmed)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In large-size sauté pan add sausage and cook over a medium-high heat 10 minutes until cooked through. Transfer sausage to large-size bowl. Set aside. Remove any fat from pan and throw away.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to same pan Add mushrooms and sauté 6 minutes until tender. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl with sausage.
- Add remaining olive oil to same pan. Add onion and celery and sauté 10 minutes until soft and translucent. Transfer onion mixture to bowl with sausage mixture.
- Add focaccia and herbs de Provence to bowl with sausage mixture. Combine well. Add chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time. Make sure chicken stock is completely absorbed into focaccia and does not pool in bottom of bowl. Focaccia should be moist, but not mushy. You might not need all of the chicken stock.
- Transfer stuffing mixture to prepared baking dish. Cover with greased aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 25 minutes until top is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Serve with turkey dinner.
- Serves 10
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 85 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved