No Bake Green Bean Casserole
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 2 Pounds Frozen French-Cut Green Beans
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Divided)
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 2 Cups Whole Or 2 % Milk
- 1/2 Cup Gruyere Cheese (Coarsely Shredded)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In large-size pan heat frozen beans with 1/3 cup water over a low heat. When beans are cooked through remove from heat and set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet melt 4 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking constantly for 2 minutes until flour has darkened slightly in color and mixture is nice and smooth. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly to smooth out any lumps. Heat until sauce comes to a simmer and thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in Gruyere by handfuls until nice and smooth. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Stir in green beans. Transfer to 2-quart baking dish.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet melt remaining butter on medium-low. Stir in bread crumbs and cook 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Stir often. Remove from heat. Sprinkle bread crumbs over green beans. Finish with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved