Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Potato Skins are hard to resist. This recipe makes them dinner friendly.
- 3 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Ounces Italian Sausage
- 1/4 Cup Diced Red Bell Peppers
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters and place in microwave-safe bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave 8 minutes until tender. Remove from microwave, uncover and let cool.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- In medium-size skillet, heat olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook 3 minutes until browned. Break up with back of spoon. Add peppers and carrots. Cook 5 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir often. Season with kosher salt.
- With spoon scrape out insides of potatoes into bowl. Leave 1/4 inch thick shells. Arrange potato skins on prepared baking sheet. Mash up potatoes. Add sausage mixture into potatoes and combine well.
- Heat broiler on high.
- Fill potato skins with potato mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Place under broiler 2 to 3 minutes until cheese has melted and tops brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 17 Minutes Total Time: 37 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved