Move over peanut butter Tahini Cookies are where it’s at. The tahini gives these cookies an earthy and creamy flavor while keeping them very soft.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes About 25 Tahini Cookies
- (5 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3/4 Cup Tahini
- 1/3 Cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Line 2 large-size baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To toast sesame seeds, put them in a nonstick pan over a medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes and stir every 30 seconds. Remove from heat and pour onto a large plate to cool. When completely cooled transfer to small-size bowl add sesame seeds. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- In large-size bowl beat together butter, sugar, vanilla, and honey until light and fluffy. Beat in tahini. Add 1 cup flour mixture and beat until combined. Add the remaining flour and beat until combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Dip tops of balls into sesame seeds and press to made sure sesame seeds stick. Place onto prepared baking sheets, sesame seed side up, 2 inches apart. Place in oven 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely on baking sheets.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Makes About 25 Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved