The natural sweetness from seasonal produce reduces the need for lots of sugar in this classic dessert with a hint of cinnamon. If you happen to have leftovers serve it for breakfast with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Peach & Cherry Crumble
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 4 Cups Cherries
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ripe Peaches
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon (Divided)
- 1 Cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 5 Tablespoons Butter (Cut Up And Softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Pit and halve cherries. Pit and chop peaches. Add fruit to large-size bowl and toss with sugar, almond extract, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In medium-size bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, almonds, and remaining cinnamon. Add butter and thoroughly work butter into oat mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Scatter oat crumble over fruit.
- Place in oven 35 to 40 minutes until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved