This delicious almond cake is one of my most requested recipes. It’s great for holiday desserts because you can serve it plain or garnish it any way that you would like.
Almond Pound Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 7 Ounces Almond Paste (Grated)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
- 4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10” bundt pan.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat grated almond paste, sugar, and butter until well mixed. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well between each addition until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture alternating with milk. Beat until just combined and smooth. Make sure not to over-mix or cake will be touch.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Place in oven 50 to 60 minutes until inserted toothpick pulls out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack and let cool 5 minutes. Very carefully un-mold cake and let cool completely on rack.
- When completely cooled, wrap in plastic wrap. Cake will last 3 days at room temperature or 1 week if refrigerated.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved