Asparagus will be at its most flavorful if blanched, roasted, or grilled prior to incorporating into the quiche.
Asparagus & Tomato Quiche
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 18 ratings
- 1 Pie Crust (Uncooked)
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Minced Fresh Herbs (Dill, Tarragon, Chives)
- 1 Bunch Trimmed Asparagus (Blanched, Roasted Or Grilled)
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease pie plate. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl whisk together eggs, sour cream, and milk.
- Place pie crust in pie plate. Spread mustard in bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle with herbs. Pour egg mixture into pie crust, top with asparagus spears and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place in oven 25 minutes. Rotate quiche and cook another 15 to 20 minutes until knife comes out clean and egg is set (not soft or jiggly).
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Note: For gluten free option leave out the pie crust.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved