Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
This is Victor’s mother’s Pumpkin Bread recipe. Every holiday season Victor makes his mother, Frances’s, Pumpkin Bread recipe and relives a precious food memory.
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (Firmly Packed)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Cooked Or Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Cups Sifted Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 1/4 Cups Chopped Dried Fruit (Cranberries, Cherries, Apricots, Raisins, Dates)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, olive oil, and eggs. Beat until well blended.
- In a large-size bowl sift together flour, baking soda, kosher salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Mix to combine. Stir in dried fruit and water.
- Spoon batter into well oiled 9”x5”x3” loaf pan. Place in oven for 65 to 75 minutes until done when tested.
- Remove from oven and turn out onto wire rack to cool.
- Makes 1 Pumpkin Bread
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Victoria Hart Glavin ©Tiny New York Kitchen