Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I love this sweet onion jam as a condiment with beef as well as pairing it with dishes such as, roast pork, grilled chicken, or fish. It’s easy to make and can bring many dishes out of a boring routine.
- 3 Large Spanish Onions
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Cut Into Cubes)
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- Peel, Quarter, and slice onions. You should have about 8 cups of sliced onions. Place onions in large-size saucepan. Add brown sugar, vinegar, butter, and honey.
- Cover with lid and cook over a medium-high heat for 16 minutes. You will want onions to be nice and tender.
- Remove lid and turn heat to high. Cook for 12 minutes until onions are caramelized. Stir occasionally. Onions should have a nice smoky flavor to them.
- Remove from heat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If you are using later store in covered container and place into fridge for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 2 cups.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin