- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 4 To 6 Chicken Legs Or Thighs
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Peas
- 1 Large Pinch Saffron
- 6 Garlic Cloves (Sliced Thin)
- 1 1/2 Cups Valencia Rice Or Short Grain Rice
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Lemon (Cut Into Wedges)
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 To 2 Quarts Chicken Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with kosher salt and pepper.
- In paella pan or large-size skillet over a medium-high heat add canola oil. Sear chicken until golden brown on both sides. Add onion, peppers, and garlic. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes. Add rice and saffron. Sauté for another 5 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine. Reduce heat to medium and slowly add chicken stock, two cups at a time. Simmer 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep rice from burning. Make sure not to over-stir.
- Turn heat up slightly and add chicken stock as needed, so mixture has just enough liquid to cover the rice. Allow rice to stick to bottom of pan just enough to create a caramelized crust on the rice (socarrat), which is considered to be the best part of the paella. When rice is almost al dente, add peas, herbs, and lemon juice. Transfer to preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with olive oil and serve with lemon wedges.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved