Couscous With Cherry Tomatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 13 ratings
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoons Plus 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1 Cup Couscous
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (Divided)
- 1 Bunch Green Onions (White Only & Chopped)
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Fennel Seed
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Mint
- 4 Ounces Feta Cheese (Diced)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil water in 4 quart pot. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Add couscous. Cover with lid and remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- In medium-size bowl toss green onions and tomatoes with remaining olive oil, kosher salt, fennel seed, and cayenne. Lay on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven 15 to 18 minutes until tomatoes caramelize. Remove from oven.
- In small-size bowl combine spinach, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, and mint.
- Transfer couscous to large-size bowl. Add tomatoes and green onions with juices and spices from pan. Add spinach mixture. Combine well. Lightly mix in diced feta.
- Serve room temperature.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved