Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
I had these peppers last month when I was in Nantucket and remembered how delicious they are. About one out of ten of these small green peppers from Spain are super hot, while the rest are as mild as a green bell pepper. The classic way to enjoy Padrón peppers, this appetizer is as good at room temperature as hot. You can also make this recipe with small sweet peppers, adding a sprinkle of red chile flakes.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 Cups (12 Ounces) Padrón Peppers Or Mini Sweet Peppers
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chile Flakes (Optional)
- Heat large-size heavy frying pan or cast-iron skillet over a medium-high heat for 2 minutes until pan is very hot. Add olive oil and heat until just beginning to smoke. Add peppers (and chile flakes if using sweet peppers) and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 to 3 minutes until blistered in places.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish. Season with kosher salt.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 5 Minutes Total Time: 15 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved