Even when made with frozen peas, this soup has a fresh from the garden flavor. Fresh peas will also work nicely, if you’re lucky enough to have some on hand.
Creamy Pea Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 18 ratings
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Medium Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 5 Cups Chicken Stock (Or Vegetable Stock)
- 4 Cups Frozen Peas
- 1 Medium Baking Potato (Peeled & Diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- In large-size pot melt butter over a medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook 5 minutes until soft. Add chicken or vegetable stock, peas, potatoes, and kosher salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover with lid. Simmer 10 minutes until peas are soft. Remove from heat.
- With food processor, blender, or immersion blender process mixture until smooth. Return mixture to pot. Add heavy cream and stir well. Gently reheat soup. Add freshly ground pepper.
- Remove from heat and transfer to bowls.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved