Fruitcake Pound Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Cake
- (5 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 1 1/4 Cups Chopped Mixed Dried Fruit (Dates, Apricots, Pineapple, Cranberries)
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 5 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 3 3/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Cranberry Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Red And Green Candied Cherries
- Powdered Sugar For Dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In small-size microwave-safe bowl combine dried fruit and 1/2 cup water. Microwave 1 minute.
- In large-size bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in baking powder, vanilla extract, and kosher salt. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- In two batches beat in flour and cranberry juice, alternating between the two. Stir in dried fruit and its soaking liquid, and candied cherries.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Place in oven 80 to 90 minutes until cake tester comes out clean. Rotate pan halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Serves 12
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 90 Minutes Total Time: 110 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved