Mix and match the meat and cheese combination to suit your fancy. For example you could use chicken, crabmeat, sliced beef, Swiss, cheddar, or Monterey Jack cheese.
Ham & Leek Quiche
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 14 ratings
- Pastry For Single Crust Pie
- 3 Beaten Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Leeks
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Cooked Ham
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Havarti Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Unbleached Flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare pastry for single crust pie. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Place in oven 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 more minutes until pastry is nearly done. Remove from oven. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees.
- In medium-size bowl toss together cheese and unbleached flour. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl stir together eggs, milk, leeks, kosher salt, and pepper. Stir in ham. Add cheese and flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into HOT pastry shell. Place in oven (325 degrees) 35 to 40 minutes until knife inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved