Yields or Serves:
[Total: Average: /5]
This tangy French tart can be served on its own or accented with fresh berries. Be sure to make a high pastry rim to contain all of the delicious filling.
- Pastry For 9 Inch Tart
- 6 Lemons
- 4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Or Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar (Optional)
- Prepare pastry dough.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Use dough to line 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press dough up side so it extends 1/4 inch above rim of pan. Refrigerate or freeze for 10 to 15 minutes until firm.
- Line tart shell with foil. Fill with pie weights or dry beans. Place in oven and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil with weights. Place back in oven and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer until golden. If shell puffs up during baking, gently press it down with back of spoon. Cool tart shell in pan on wire rack. Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- From lemons, grate 1 1/2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 2/3 cup juice. In medium-size bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, sugar, lemon peel, and juice until well combined. Whisk in cream.
- Carefully pour lemon filling into cooled tart shell. Place tart on foil lined cooking sheet to catch any overflow during baking. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes until filling is set, but center still jiggles slightly.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack. Carefully remove from pan. Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar if you desire or serve with fresh berries.
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen All Rights Reserved