- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 2 Pounds Russet Potatoes
- 2 Medium Onions
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Matzo Meal
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Canola Oil (Divided)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Peel potatoes. Using a box grater or the grater disk on a food processor, grate the peeled potatoes and onions. Transfer both to a large-size kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out any liquid.
- In large-size bowl, combine potato mixture, eggs, matzo meal, baking powder, and kosher salt. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- In 12-inch skillet heat 1/4 cup oil on a medium-high heat. Working in batches add 1 heaping tablespoons potato mixture to the pan and press down gently with a spatula to form 1 1/2-inch circles. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer latkes to wire rack set inside a baking sheet. Place latkes in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve with an assortment of toppings like applesauce, sour cream, salmon, horseradish, fresh dill, Greek yogurt, pomegranate seeds, or ketchup.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved