Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
These simple shortbread cookies require a few pantry staples you probably already have on hand. They’re crunch and buttery, with a subtle sweetness that pairs especially nicely with a crisp, dry wine or cup of coffee.
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in orange zest and vanilla.
- In small-size bowl whisk together flour and salt. Add flour to butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Place dough onto a generous sheet of wax paper and shape it into a log about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper, tucking the ends under so the dough does not dry out. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove dough from fridge. Slice dough into 1/2 inch thick cookies. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Place in oven 13 to 17 minutes until firm.
- Remove from oven. Transfer to wire racks to let cool completely. Meanwhile, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in pan. Dip each cookie in dark chocolate. Return to cooling rack to dry.
- Makes About 2 Dozen Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Chill Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 17 Minutes Total Time: 67 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved