Pear & Cranberry Turnovers are great for dessert or breakfast. These pastries get a bit of tartness from dried cranberries to balance out the sweetness of ripe fall pears.
Pear & Cranberry Turnovers
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1/4 Cup Pecans (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Ripe Bartlett Or Anjou Pears (Peel, Core & Finely Chop)
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 17.3 Ounces Package Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (Thawed)
- 1 Large Egg Beaten
- Powdered Sugar For Dusting
- Line large-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To large-size bowl add chopped pecans, chopped pears, cranberries, and sugar. Toss to combine.
- Unfold and cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares. Spoon 3 rounded tablespoons of filling onto center of pastry squares. Fold 1 corner across to opposite corner to create a triangle. Press and pinch edges to seal tightly.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Place in oven 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved