Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
These really should just be called “Heaven On A Bun” unless you’re a vegetarian. Pork shoulder, simmered for hours in rum and coke is fall-off-the-bone tender. Feel free to top this deliciousness with a scoop of your favorite slaw.
- 1 Large Onion (Peeled & Cut Into Chunks)
- 5 Pound Pork Shoulder
- 1/2 Cup Rum
- 1 1/2 Cups Cola Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In medium-size bowl combine rum and soda.
- Rub pork all over with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place onion chunks in bottom of slow cooker. Place pork shoulder on top of onion. Pour rum and soda mixture over pork.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook another 5 hours. You will want meat to fall off the bone and shreds easily when you poke it with a fork.
- Remove bone and any pieces of fat. Gently stir pork until begins to fall apart. Drain pork, discard onion chunks, and serve on buns.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 9 Hours (540 Minutes) Total Time: 9 Hours & 10 Minutes (550 Minutes)
- Note: To give your slow cooker a head start, heat the insert in a microwave for 5 minutes or so, to warm the meat and other ingredients.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved