Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Sweet and gently spicy, these quick pork and plum kabobs are basted with thick barbecue sauce for a simple and delicious crust.
- 3 Ripe But Firm Plums (Each Cut Into 6 Wedges)
- 1 Pound Pork Tenderloin (Trimmed & Cut Into 1 1/2 Inch Pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Barbecue Sauce Of Your Choice
- 1 Red Onion (Cut Into Large Chunks)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme (Finely Chopped)
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- In large-size bowl toss plums, pork, and barbecue sauce together. Add onions and gently toss again
- Thread plum wedge, pork, and onions onto 8 skewers (8 to 12 inch skewers). If you’re using wooden skewers make sure to soak them first in water for 30 minutes.
- Grill kabobs for 10 to 12 minutes until just charred in parts and pork is cooked through. Turn halfway through cooking, at 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and transfer kabobs to platter, Season with kosher salt and pepper. Scatter finely chopped thyme over top.
- Serve hot with more barbecue sauce on the side.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved