Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
This time of year I enjoy having afternoon tea with little tea sandwiches. There’s something so civilized about it. You can make the egg salad a day in advance, place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it until you’re ready to use.
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs (Peeled)
- 3/4 Cup Finely Chopped Watercress)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Stone Ground Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 Slices Firm White Or Wheat Sandwich Bread
- In medium-size bow, chop eggs into small pieces. You may want to use a pastry blender to do this. Add chopped watercress, mayonnaise, mustard, kosher salt, and pepper. Stir to blend.
- Spread a thick layer of egg salad onto a bread slice. Top with another bread slice. Repeat with remaining bread slices and egg salad. Wrap sandwiches lightly in plastic wrap and freeze just until firm. This will make sandwiches easier to cut.
- Cut off crusts and cut into triangles or use a 1 3/4 inch fluted round cutter and cut 3 round tea sandwiches from each frozen whole sandwich. Cover tea sandwiches with damp paper towels, and let thaw completely at room temperature.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve. Garnish with additional watercress if you want to.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved