These cupcakes are for St. Patrick’s Day, but this recipe can be adapted for any holiday.
St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes 24
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two 12 Cup muffin pans with paper liners. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each added egg.
- In measuring cup or pitcher combine milk and buttermilk.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in batches alternating with milk. Mix until batter in thick and smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to each muffin cup.
- Place in oven 18 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- To make the frosting mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and food coloring. Add a bit more powdered sugar if frosting seems somewhat thin.
- Frost cupcakes. Place in refrigerator if not serving immediately.
- Makes 24 Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 18 Minutes Total Time: 38 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved