This flavorful soup is so good you’ll want to make it again and again. Tortellini Soup is perfect for those chilly winter nights. You may want to make extra because it’s even better the next day!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 23 ratings
- 1 1/2 Pounds Italian Sausage (Casing Removed)
- 1 Small Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 1/2 Cups Chopped Tomatoes
- 6 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 1/2 Cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 Large Zucchini (Sliced)
- 1 Large Carrot (Diced)
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 3/4 Cups Dry Red Wine
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Basil
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 12 Ounces Cheese Tortellini
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (Garnish)
- In large-size Dutch oven sauté sausage over a medium-high heat 10 minutes until cooked through. Transfer cooked sausage to large-size bowl. Remove all sausage drippings except leave 1 tablespoon. Add onions and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes. Return sausage to Dutch oven. Add beef stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce, zucchini, carrots, bell pepper, wine, basil, and oregano. Turn heat down to a medium-low and simmer 50 minutes until vegetables are nice and tender. Add tortellini to soup and cook 10 minutes. Add kosher salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 75 Minutes Total Time: 95 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved