Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 6
These Mexican street drinks are water-based fruit drinks that are a good way to make your fresh fruit go further. Agua Fresca is such a good alternative to sodas and you could even substitute sparkling water for plain if you prefer the bubbles.
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 Cups Water
- 4 Cups Chopped Fruit (Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Pineapple, Papaya, Strawberries, Oranges, Peaches, Mangoes, Or Any Combination)
- Ice Cubes
- Lime Or Lemon Wedges (Optional)
- In large-size pitcher add sugar and water. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Take out one cup of the sugar water and add to blender along with fruit. Purée mixture and then pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer back into the pitcher with the sugar water. Mash with a whisk or wooden spoon to eliminate any pulp.
- Serve over ice with a lime or lemon wedge if you want.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 0 Minutes Total Time: 15 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved