Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Even though bulgur wheat is most commonly found in tabouli salad, you can use it just like rice or couscous, or any other whole grain, such as barley or quinoa. Bulgur has a pleasant nutty flavor and takes only minutes to prepare. Instead of rice, try pairing your favorite stir-fry or curry with whole grain bulgur.
- 1 3/4 Cups Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Cups Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Cup Medium-Grind Bulgur
- In 2 quart saucepan, combine broth, water, and thyme. Bring to boil over a high heat. Stir in bulgur. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- Makes 3 cups.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen