Beef & Broccoli
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 3/4 Pound Boneless tender Beef Steak (Rib Eye, Sirloin Or Flank)
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (Divided)
- 1 Large Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Pound Broccoli
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 4 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Canola Oil (Divided)
- 1 Medium Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 2 Teaspoons Rice Vinegar
- Cut beef across grain into thin slices. In medium-size bowl combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, garlic, and sugar. Add beef and let stand 15 minutes.
- Break off broccoli into bite-size pieces and cut stalks into short, diagonal slices.
- In small-size bowl combine 1 cup water, remaining cornstarch, remaining soy sauce, rice vinegar, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- In large-size skillet heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over a high heat. Add beef and cook 4 minutes. Remove and set aside. Heat remaining canola oil in same skillet. Add broccoli and onions, Cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water over vegetables. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add beef and soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes Total Time: 37 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved