Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Cannellini beans are a staple in Italian cooking and bring tremendous flavor to this soup. If you make it a day ahead of time it will taste even better.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Hot Capicola Or Coppa Ham
- 1/2 Red Onion (Chopped)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Carrots (Chopped)
- 2 Celery Stalks (Chopped)
- 2 Cups Cooked Cannellini Beans
- 2 Cups Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Small Piece Parmesan Rind
- 1 Small Head Escarole (Chopped)
- In heavy bottom pot add 2 tablespoons olive oil and turn heat to medium-high. Add chopped capicola, red onions, and minced garlic. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes until onions soften. Add carrots and celery. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes until slightly softened. Add beans, tomatoes, water, Parmesan rind, kosher salt, and pepper. Bring to simmer. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Remove Parmesan rind. Stir in chopped escarole and cook 5 minutes until wilted. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and ladle into individual bowls. Serve warm with crusty Italian bread.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved