Traditional in many Middle Eastern countries, hummus is usually made with chickpeas, but I use white beans here for a change of pace. It’s delicious with steamed potatoes and artichokes as well as blanched broccoli, cauliflower, and green beans. Partner it with olives, pita bread, and stuffed grape leaves.
Cannellini Hummus With Vegetable Plate
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 4 Cups Cannellini Beans (Rinsed & Drained)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Sumac Or Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Pound Baby Red Potatoes
- 2 Large Artichokes
- 3 Lemon Halves
- 1 Pound Broccoli (Trimmed & Cut Into Florets)
- 1 Head Cauliflower (Trimmed & Cut Into Florets)
- 3/4 Pound Green Beans (Trimmed)
- 2 Bunches Baby Carrots (Peeled)
- Pita Bread (Cut Into Triangles)
- Hummus: In food processor combine cannellini beans, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and sumac. Pulse until smooth. If you need to, add a bit of water to thin consistency. Add thyme, kosher salt, and pepper. Transfer to bowl, cover, and chill.
- Vegetables: Steam potatoes 25 minutes until just tender. Remove from heat and transfer to bowl. Remove stems from artichokes and rub cut surface with cut side of lemon. Cut artichokes lengthwise in quarters and rub cut surfaces with lemon. Cut out choke and rub with lemon. Bring large-size pot of salted water to boil. Add 1 remaining lemon half and artichokes. Cover and boil 35 minutes until leaf pulls off easily. Drain and cool. Cook broccoli and cauliflower in large-size saucepan of salted boiling water 5 minutes until just tender. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl of cold water. Add green beans to same boiling water and cook 4 minutes until just tender. Drain, rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Drain.
- Arrange all vegetables on large-size plate. Serve with hummus and pita bread.
- Serves 4 to 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time:70 Minutes Total Time:90 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved