Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
A long standing tradition of Halloween and other fun occasions, apples dipped in caramel are easy to make at home. Nuts are optional!
- 5 Apples (1 1/2 Pounds) Washed & Well Dried
- 14 Ounces Caramels
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Cup Chopped Peanuts (Optional)
- Wash and dry apples thoroughly so that the caramel adheres to the apples.
- Insert wooden pop stick into stem of each apple. Cover large plate with waxed paper. Grease paper with butter.
- In a large-size saucepan cook caramels and water, on a medium-low heat, for 15 minutes or until caramels are completely melted. Stir constantly.
- Dip apples in caramel. Spoon additional caramel over apples if necessary to evenly coat apples. Let excess caramel drip off. Scrape bottoms of apples.
- Roll in chopped peanuts.
- Place on waxed paper covered plate. Pace in fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge about 15 minutes before serving. Let stand at room temperature to soften. Place leftover in refrigerator.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin