Crispy Chicken Parmesan
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 16 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella (Sliced)
- 1 Small Wedge Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Tomato Sauce
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Transfer chicken, one at a time, to large plastic bag and pound lightly with a meat mallet until each is piece is about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer thighs to plate and season with kosher salt and pepper. Add flour, onion powder, and garlic powder to medium-size bowl. In a separate medium-size bowl add eggs and milk and whisk to combine well. To a third medium-size bowl add bread crumbs and season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken piece in flour mixture, then into egg mixture, again into flour mixture, and again into egg mixture. Finally, transfer to bread crumbs, pressing firmly to coat and then place on prepared baking sheet. Place in refrigerator to let breading set for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Heat vegetable oil, to 350 degrees, in a heavy bottomed skillet. Cook chicken, two at a time, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining chicken. Transfer to a clean baking sheet and spoon tomato sauce over chicken. Top with slices of mozzarella and shave some Parmesan over the top. Place in oven and cook 8 to 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved