Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I love how the sweet crunchy topping compliments the tartness of the plums. I like to serve this dessert warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you want to make this crisp gluten-free you can swap out the flour with either almond meal or almond flour.
- 10 Cups Sliced Plums
- 8 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Regular Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees.
- Place plums in a large-size bowl and sprinkle with 8 tablespoons sugar. Pour lemon juice over plums. Toss to make coat plums.
- In a large-size bowl combine oats, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Pour plums in 4 quart glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle topping over plums.
- Place in oven and bake 35 minutes until plums are tender and topping is golden
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Serves 6
- © Victoria Hart Glavin