Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Butter, Buttermilk, Cakes, Chocolate, Cocoa Powder, Cornstarch, Cream Cheese, Eggs, Food Coloring, Gluten Free, Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cake, Kosher Salt, Oil, Powdered Sugar, Red Velvet Cake, Salt, Sorghum Flour, Sour Cream, Sugar, Tapioca Flour, Valentine's Day, Vanilla, Vegetable Oil, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com, Xanthin Gum
Valentine’s Day screams Red Velvet Cake. This classic cake gets a gluten-free makeover that’s worthy of any occasion.
- 1 Cup Plus 2 Teaspoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (Divided)
- 3/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 3/4 Cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate (Melted)
- 4 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Ounce Red Food Coloring
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 16 Ounces Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 9-inch round cake pans with oil. Coat each pan with 1 teaspoon cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine 1 cup cocoa powder, cornstarch, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat sugar and oil until well blended. Add melted chocolate. Mix well. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- In small-size bowl add buttermilk. Stir food coloring into buttermilk.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into sugar mixture. Alternate with buttermilk mixture. Mix until just blended. Do not overmix. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Place in oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Frosting: In large-size bowl beat cream cheese, butter, sour cream and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until nice and smooth. Fill and frost cooled cake.
- Serves 16
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved