Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
Store these almond cakes at room temperature for up to 3 days. Warm in a 300 degree oven if you want to serve warm.
- 3/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Additional Olive Oil For Pans
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Almonds 3/4 Cup
- Plus 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat three 5 1/2-x3 inch loaf pans with olive oil. Line with parchment paper leaving a 2 inch overhang on the long sides.
- In small-size bowl toss together almonds, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/3 cup sugar.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- In large-size bowl beat eggs and remaining 3/4 cup sugar for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in remaining 3/4 cup olive oil. Beat in orange zest and orange juice. Gradually add flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Sprinkle with almond sugar mixture on top. Place in oven for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cakes cool 15 minutes. Using parchment paper overhangs transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serves 12
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 55 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved